Dienstag, 21. Oktober 2008

The dark side of the beach

The beaches in Tel Aviv are wonderful. Showers, lavatories, no pets allowed ...
But: Some people do not understand that "No animals allowed" does mean, that they are not allowed to bring their dogs to the beach. I witnessed this already a couple of times and also tried to explain what my concerns were, but they just ignored me completely or pretended not to understand ...

I also was the witness of a theft on the beach this morning. The thief even caught my attention by his indecisive behavior, even when i SAW him walking away with two backpacks, my positive-thinking-mind still thought, well he probably spent the night on the beach and was contemplating if he should go to some other place, then made a quick decision took all of his belongings (2 backpacks) and left the scene.
Half an hour later i hear some british tourists complaining about their stolen bags ...
I somehow felt guilty for not acting at all, but hey, the guy looked like he just left the army, well trained, sunglasses and hat.